Monday 16 January 2012

Highway to hell..

Yesterdays car journey home from the in laws, Ive never witnessed anything like it!

My child morphed into the devil in a matter of seconds all because she decided that she didn't want to wear her coat home in the car as it will - in her words - "be too tight".. I tried to calmly reason with her explaining that if "you just held on a minute" I would show her that I would loosen the straps to her car seat.. No this did not suffice, then there was kicking, hitting and screaming within seconds. I tried in vain to calm he situation but then I snapped! I pulled her coat off her and thought 'ok, you don't want to wear your coat? Then don't, you can freeze on the way home and maybe learn your lesson'! WRONG! She then hit fever pitch! As I pulled away in the car she crescendoed to a noise that I never thought she was capable of making now stating "I'm COOOOOLD mummy, I'm TOO COLD, STOP THE CAR, STOP THE CARRRRRRRR whilst using the back of Jamie's seat to practise her kick boxing skills which I didn't know she had! This resulted in him retaliating by shouting back at her which in turn started Bonnie breaking her heart as she had no idea in her tiny little mind what was going on! Then me and Jamie started on each other, me for not just keeping the god damn coat on her in the first place and him for shouting like a crazed madman.. I swung into a lay-by so he could put the coat back on her with her still screaming that she was now too cold "Ive got a cold head" "Ive got cold hands"! We finally made it home, I pulled onto the driveway and we sat there for a few seconds in silence, me wondering how the hell I managed not to crash the car with my whole family going berserk in such a confined space with no let up and no escape.. Super mummy sprang to mind.

An hour later and we're all feeling very sorry for ourselves, me feeling like a total mad woman who'd lost control and my daughter acting rather sheepish as Jamie is swaying Bonnie in his arms arms, Molly dancing round the living room and me sat on the sofa with 'I want to know what love is' by Foreigner playing out in the background, we're all looking at each other and probably thinking the same thing... WAS IT WORTH IT??

No comments:

Post a Comment