Friday 20 January 2012

Being married to a hardcore gamer!

Don't get me wrong I love my husband with all my heart but as much as he loves me he also loves his games! This makes me an "Xbox widow" 3 nights a week.. I know some people have it much worse than me, he doesn't go to the pub, he doesn't really go out (the occasional game of golf), he provides for me and my girls and he loves us unconditionally - all he asks for is 3 nights a week..

Well when I put it like that it doesn't seem that bad..

Its not really the time he spends on it, something that I will never understand, how you can physically spend 4 plus hours sat on a chair in front of the flat screen tele only inches from your face controlling a virtual army man running around shooting & blowing up other virtual people, albeit being his brothers and uncles attached to the other end. Its more to do with the noise levels that he reaches when playing and the drone of machine guns and grenades going off in the background.

Let me paint the picture, I'm happily sat on the sofa engrossed in say my book when suddenly I jump out my skin as he shouts "there's someone there plodder, he's behind the bushes, quick quick" and then the language, oh my goodness! He morphs into someone who has a very bad case of tourettes, f**king b***ocks, w****r, FFS! Then there is the fact that at the moment I have no bedroom door, so even escaping to bed to get an early night isn't an option as I am above WW2 happening in my god damn living room!

I sit there and wonder how you can become so engrossed into a world of make believe, I could have - and believe me I have had - whole conversations with him, which he later has no recollection of ever having - I give up! Boys and their toys, I think the expression is?

As I said at the start of this blog, I love him, he has always gamed since the day I met him, I accepted that it is a part of him a long time ago BUT REALLY... when will he grow up! :-D

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha - brilliant! I love gaming (Singstar, Buzz and football more than war games) but never have a chance to do it mainly because...I'm a blogger and I'm constantly on Twitter! You wait, in a few months time your hubby will be saying "you spend so much time on blogging blah blah blah" - the roles will be completely reversed. And the reason? Cause it's bloody fun / interesting and there are some great people out there to read about / interact with!

    By the way, thanks for following my blog - are you on Twitter? If not, get on there now and share this stuff. Oh and while you're at it, join www.loveallblogs.com if you haven't already - your stuff is great deserves to be read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you for your post, it made me smile! And your probably right, the tables will turn.. he already comments on how much of a social networking junkie I am haha! I am on twitter @J0dieKay and I will take a look at that website you recommended.

    Thanks again :-))

    ReplyDelete