Thursday 21 February 2013

5:2 diet plan! Week One...

I have decided I am going to Blog about my journey on the 5:2 'Fast' diet plan by Dr Mosley...


This is Week one and day two of fasting!


Monday was my first 'fast' day and it was a KILLER!

I nearly gave up and fell at the first hurdle, which is so unlike me, but I was starving! I did consider at one point how quick I could eat my toddler but I resisted and more importantly, I SURVIVED!

I rewarded myself with a big Papa John's pizza on Tuesday and to be honest wished I hadn't bothered but hey its out of my system now BUT that is the good thing about this particular diet, you don't have to count calories and worry about what you eat on the other 5 days.

Today is my second 'fast' day and I feel great! Yes OK I have felt hungry but today, unlike Monday, I can handle it! Bring IT on I say and it has just driven me forward. Hell yeah, tonight I even sat next to my husband whilst he finished off the remainder of his 600 calories on a bowl of cereal resisting the urge to lunge forward and bite his arm off

*high five*.

A bit of background to the diet in case you are reading this and wondering what the hell I am going on about... Basically its called the 5:2 diet as you fast for 2 days (ladies you can eat up to 500 calories on your fast day and men you get 600) and the other 5 you just eat normally, no calorie counting or worrying that you have to go out for dinner on Saturday night.. sounds good huh?

This goes back to the idea when we used to hunt our food, catch an animal, gorge on it and then have nothing for a few days until we caught something else.

That's my understanding of it anyway!

Only downfall so far - apart from the obvious - is my breath! On my fast days I honk and I would highly recommend investing in a few packets of wrigleys!!

Food Diary

Monday fast Day: Boiled egg, one slice of wholemeal toast (no butter!). 121g of salad, 125g turkey breast, 0.5 tbsp of honey & mustard dressing & 1 tbsp light mayo. Plus 50ml 0f semi skimmed milk (for tea etc)

Thursday fast Day: small banana. brocolli, cauliflower & carrots steamed with 100g chicken breast & 100 ml of gravy. 1 small pot of low fat natural yoghurt. Plus 100 ml of semi skimmed milk (for tea etc) 

My Start weight: 10st 7 - My weight Tues 19th Feb: 10st 4

No comments:

Post a Comment